INDEPTH Resource & Training Centre
The INDEPTH Network, through its Resource & Training Centre in Accra (formerly Secretariat) and its various organs, creates value for all its stakeholders globally. With Member Centres, Working Groups, Funders and Partner Scientists, the Secretariat ensures that excellence, efficiency and impact are all privileged in its approaches and outputs.
40 Mensah Wood Street, East Legon, Accra
The responsibilities of the INDEPTH Resource & Training Centre include to:
- Identify key health and social issues and questions that need to be investigated;
- Maintain funder relations and generate funding for network-level studies and evaluations;
- Efficiently coordinate and support the conduct of network studies and evaluations;
- Publish and disseminate results to impact health and social policy and practice;
- Promote HDSS and its capabilities;
- Promote INDEPTH among regional and international institutions;
- Organise meetings of the Board of Trustees and the Scientific Advisory Committee;
- Organise the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Network; and
- Organise the Biennal INDEPTH Scientific Conference (ISC).
The INDEPTH Resource & Training Centre has core staff and project staff.
The INDEPTH Resource & Training Centre has the following Sections or Departments:
- Scientific Research and Co-ordination
- Capacity Strenthening & Training
- Policy Engagement & Communications
- Administration, including the Executive Director's Office
- General Projects & IT
- Grants Management
Current INDEPTH Projects with INDEPTH staff assigned:
- INDEPTH Effectiveness and Safety Studies of Antimalarials in Africa (INESS);
- Maternal and Newborn Health; and
- Migration, Urbanisation and Health.
- Antibiotic Resistance
- SAGE- WAVE2